From my family to yours, I want to wish you a very blessed and Happy Fourth of July – a day where we celebrate the historic nature of American Independence and our unique commitment to enduring Freedom.
As Ronald Reagan famously said, “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction…” Those were wise words. Were he alive today, I wonder if he would have said instead that, “Freedom is never more than one Administration away…” There are times it certainly seems that way.
The Biden Administration’s radical agenda threatens the very fabric of our nation. They want to eradicate the freedom long celebrated on the Fourth of July. On many fronts, they have been successful. Yet, by God’s grace, we endure.
Time and again, our Lord continues to show that He is not done with our nation nor our state.
Yes, every policy initiative, executive order, and appointment from this Administration is a disastrous attack that undermines freedom. Yes, the price of groceries – and everything – has gone up. If you are like me and traveled somewhere for the holiday, you likely saw your budget hit in a big way by the pain at the pump.
We all know the bad news from the Battle for Freedom, but, in this battle, there is so much to rejoice about…
- Our students are freer in Georgia today than we were a year ago – after a historic session protecting parental rights and saving students for indoctrination.
- The right to life has far more protections than a year ago after the historic Dobbs decision – one that will allow our state to implement the Heartbeat Law in the coming weeks.
- Polling shows strong numbers for conservatives – as more people see the disasters of radical leftist policies. Minority communities are also swinging toward rejecting liberal policies, and conservatives are poised for a strong November.
- After decades of being a vessel for the imposition of liberal agenda items, the Supreme Court is now holding the line and protecting the Constitution.
- The Church is finally waking up, and this organization is providing Georgia Christians with the strongest voice they have ever had.
In the Battle for Freedom, we have sustained losses, and it is not difficult to imagine our freedom slipping from our grasp. We have also, however, seen victories and are poised for a great resurgence – if we can seize the opportunities before us.
As we celebrate the reality that we have been endowed by our Creator with the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness – and the joyous blessing it is to live in a nation that, in its founding documents, recognizes that fact – let us be committed to winning this battle.
We stand in awe and gratitude for the freedoms we have enjoyed and for those who, through great sacrifice have provided it. May we stand in resolve to honor that sacrifice with committed action as we move forward.
Frontline Policy Council